1. RJ Speed legends kit only.
2. Servo can be mounted in any location in the front of car.
3. No shaving any of the chassis to reduce weight.
4. Only RJ Speed legends chassis parts can be used.
5. Bearings are legal to use.
6. Turnbuckles are ok to be used for steering linkage only.
7. SPEC Gearing. Only a 81 tooth spur and either a 19 or 20 tooth pinion. (48 pitch gears only)
8. Any pan car front spring.
1. Only RJ Speed full fender legends bodies are legal.
2. No scraping of the body or drilling holes in the chassis to reduce weight.
CRC carpet rubber tires or Spec foam tires.
1. Any steering servo can be used.
2. Any esc can be used in blinky mode.
3. Trinity Equalizer 21.5 motor
4. Any 1800 Mah 6cell Nihm battery pack or ROAR Legal 2 cell lipo battery max 5200 Mah
Street Stock Rules
1. Any 1/10 scale buggy chassis.
2. Mid-motor configuration or rear motor configuration.
3. No truck chassis are allowed or truck a-arms.
4. Battery must be down the center of the chassis.
5. Lowering kits are allowed along with touring shocks and a speedy's kit. No other home made kit with be allowed.
6. Aftermarket body mounts and bumpers are allowed but metal bumpers or body parts are not permitted.
7. Limiting of shocks is allowed inside the shock.
8. No adjustable a-arms or modifying the holes in the chassis to change the angle of the a-arms.
9. All weight added must be inside the chassis.
10. Minimum weight of 59 ounces.
1. Any McAllister or Custom Works Street stock body.
2. No open wheeled bodies are allowed.
3. No decking the bodies, no vent holes, the car must have a complete windshield.
4. Rear spoilers are optional. They can only be one inch off the rear deck and no side panels.
5. Rear bumper must remain intact.
Motor, ESC & Battery:
1. Any ROAR Approved 17.5 sensored motor and or the Traxxas 12 turn motor.
2. No parts of either style motors may be modified, altered or removed in any way
3. Any ROAR Approved 1/10 scale ESC in "BLINKY"
4. Stock blue esc xl5 must be used with the Traxxas 12 turn motor.
5. No “Outlaw” motors.
Any foam or rubber tire with out pins or aggressive tread mounted on 2.2 buggy wheels
Any ROAR approved 2 cell Lipo ( Maximum 8.44 volts).
Chassis and parts
1. RJ Speed Spec 10 or TK Racing Godfather chassis only. No spec mod.
2. RJ Speed or TK Racing unmodified parts only this includes springs, steering blocks and axles. Turnbuckles allowed for steering links. Bearings are allowed.
3. No cutting of ANY parts to reduce weight. No drilling holes in any parts or body to reduce weight.
4. 92 tooth spur only and 46 or 47 tooth pinion only. (64 Pitch gears only.)
5. 4mm ride height minimum
6. No ceramic bearings or ceramic diff balls
1. RJ Speed bomber body or McAllister 181 or 182 bomber body only.
2. No alterations or scraping to the body.
1. CRC rubber carpet tires only. #2314.
2. The only allowed modification of the tires is gluing the sidewall. Any and all other modifications to the tires is illegal.
1. Hobby Wing Justock with booster or any 1S ESC in Blinky.
2. TOUR Fantom 17.5 Motor. All motors are to be checked and set by your local authorized Spec 10 ambassador or the motor can be shipped to Southern Indiana RC Speedway for proper tuning.
3. Any ROAR approved 1S LIPO approved battery.
*SIRCS is the Spec 10 headquarters and any class rule changes must be approved by SIRCS Spec 10 Mafia.
*This class is made so all cars are kept as even as possible and every attempt will be made to keep it that way, Including rule changes if necessary!
*This is a class to have fun with! CONTACT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!
Specific Oval Racing Rules
Oval Classes (except Mudboss)
1.Oval Classes will follow T.O.U.R Rules.
Mudboss Class Rules
1.1 - Any minor modification to the body must be approved before being allowed.
2.1 - TRAXXAS 2WD (SLASH or RAPTOR) chassis only.
2.2 - Original MFG suspension parts only, no other parts allowed (such as from RPM).
2.3 - Original MFG chassis parts only, no aftermarket hop-ups, no optional aluminum parts 2.4 - Front bumper and front body post brace must be removed.
2.4.1 - Side and rear bumpers can also be removed (if desired).
2.5 - TRAXXAS front optional bumper (TRA2735) can be used (angled down).
2.6 - No major alterations to the chassis (such as holes, or removal of material).
2.7 - TRAXXAS Low CG chassis is allowed on CARPET TRACKS (not mandatory).
2.8 - Electronics (rx/esc/amb) must be installed within chassis surface (no outside installation) 2.9 - Battery brace can be trimmed to allow different LiPo battery wire configuration.
3.1 -3.1 - ROAR legal 13.5 sensored brushless motor (Modified/13.5 Spec). http://roarracing.com/approvals/print_brushlessmotors.php (approval date is set to October 1st 2016).
3.2 - spec SPEED CONTROLLER (no timing (boost) option possible.... IE. TEKIN GEN2 SPEC, HW justock/XR10 stock spec, NOVAK GTB(#)/Edge...or any other ESC that has no timing (boost) profile available).
3.3 - Original TRAXXAS 2075 servo.
3.3.1 - The “SAVOX SC-0252MG Digital Servo” is allowed, this is the only ‘alternative’ servo.
3.4 - it is allowed to 'pin' the servo saver(white) or bell crank(black)...be advised the servo gears might get broken under a heavy crash!!!
3.4.1 - original TRAXXAS plastic servo saver/bell crank only (white or black system) it is allowed to mix the components (ie.. black servo horn with white bell crank).
3.5 - 2-cell 7.4v LiPo battery with a maximum of 5200mah and 50c, with external plug only (no “bullet type” connector).
4.1 - TRAXXAS 76/83/86/90 spur with all transmission parts in place (slipper).
4.2 - Any pinion size.
4.3 - No modifications can be made to the transmission’s case (ie.. to allow a bigger gear ratio).
4.4 - The gear cover must be off at all times to allow for visual inspection (CARPET)...and removed if asked by tech officials (DIRT).
4.5 - The only adjustments allowed to the car are those allowed by the original MFG components of the car.
4.6 - You are allowed to use any original wheel spacer combination (Black, Grey or any combination of both).
4.7 - Transmission functionality rule (motor can not spin while turning slowly one rear wheel a full turn).
5.1 - TRAXXAS 2WD plastic shocks only (grey or black version) (fronts in front, rears in rear).
5.2 - Original Rear(TRAXXAS 5858) and Front springs (TRAXXAS 5857) (no LCG kit springs or aftermarket springs).
5.3 - Front springs may be cut in order to shorten them (no more than 5 round removed).
5.4 - The shock’s travel may be shortened with internal shims (ie..fuel tube or solid shims...).
5.5 - Original shafts in original cylinder (length and type in proper cylinder).
5.6 - Original pistons from kit only (original 1,2 or 3 hole), no modifications can be made to them.
5.7 - No front bump stop suspension, a single original blue bump stop can be used per rear shock (not mandatory).
5.8 - No shimming allowed (to reduce slop in suspension parts).
5.9 - All suspension parts must remain in original positions it was designed for.
5.9.1 - rear camber links must remain in original height position (upper hole on shock tower not allowed as some trimming is needed).
6 CARPET OVAL SPECIFIC RULES
6.1 - TRAXXAS Low CG chassis is allowed.
6.2 - JACO tires (JAC2055LP) only **can be trued**.
6.3 - Plastic Wheel cap are allowed with a max dia of 3.125” and must be secured with a min of 2 screws/wheel 6.4 - You may use a bead of “CA” type glue or ‘’tape’’ to the tire’s side wall to reduce the car’s aggressiveness 6.5 - SXT tire additive only.
6.6 - all other rules specified earlier in sections 1-2-3-4-5 stays the same.
7 CARPET OVAL SETUP SUGGESTION FOR 155' flat carpet with snowbird size ice
Ratio: 76 spur / 30 pinion (3.75” tires), 13.5 motor timing set at 50deg
Shocks: outer holes on all four A-arms / 2-hole pistons on lefts 1-hole on rights / 70 wt oil in LR, LF and 100wt in RF, RR / 0.700’’ limiter (fuel tube) in front shocks / 0.800’’ (fuel tube) limiter in rear shocks.
Rear hub carrier hinge pin location / use the LOWER hole, “CA” glue on RF tire edge.
Camber: LF 2 RF -1 LR 5 RR -4.
Follow the link to the SK modified rules:
13.5 Pro Spec
Any 1/10th oval pan car chassis.
World GT spec tires.
3. Motor, ESC, Battery:
ROAR approved 13.5 motors,
Electronic Speed Controls (ESC) approved under the “ROAR
Sportsman Class ESC rule” set to the Sportsman profile at all times.
Any 1s ROAR legal hard case lipo. ( Maximum Voltage of 4.22V )
Rear of body only trimmed as high as the trim line. No air relief holes
above the trim lines in the rear. (i.e. leave rear of body in).
Body must be centered (front to back) in alignment with the mold
lines for the front wheel wells.
Holes may be drilled in the body for the purpose of mounting the
body, wing, or transponder. Any other holes in the main body surface
area, for any other reason are prohibited.
Front of body (ahead of front wheel wells must be trimmed on the
manufacturer’s molded in cut line or to provide a minimum splitter
height of 2mm if a cut line is not provided.
INTENT of the Rules: Cut the body on the body line and don’t
rake or slam the body.
For all approved bodies a spoiler with a maximum height of 1.5” from
the deck lid may be used. Wings of any type may not be used.
Protoform Gen 3 (part # 123221, 1237-25, 1233-25
McAllister part # 277
This class is intended for sportsman racers.
Any 1/10th oval pan car chassis.
World GT spec tires.
3. Motor, ESC, Battery:
Trinity Equalizer 21.5 motor.
Electronic Speed Controls (ESC) approved under the “ROAR Sportsman Class ESC rule” set to the Sportsman profile at all times.
Nascar Truck body.
2" spoiler max (no side dams attached)
Tailgate/rear bumper must be left in.
Holes may be drilled in the body for the purpose of mounting the body
or transponder. Any other holes in the main body surface area, for any
other reason are prohibited.
Minimum roof height: 4 3/8".
RJ speed 1050
USAC Sprint Cars
1. Traxxas LCG Chassis Only
2. Cannot cut or alter chassis other than shaving the ridges in the tray for a flat surface for
the ESC to mount on. STOCK unaltered 2wd Slash Transmission. NO RPM, Proline or any other
aftermarket transmissions allowed. May use any Traxxas brand replacement part intended for the
Magnum 272 transmissions. (Exception Traxxas Ball diffs) No ball diffs allowed.Slipper Clutch assembly must remain on the car, no slipper eliminator hubs will be allowed.RPM Shock Towers, Hub Carriers, Caster Blocks, Rear Bearing Carriers and A-Arms are OK (except RPM off-set compensating) Aluminum Hub Carriers, Caster Blocks, Rear Bearing Carriers and linkages are OK.
3. No Homemade shock towers or other suspension items or performance enhancing items will be allowed.
4. NO Proline A-arms “wide track” kits or RPM offset compensating front A-arms will be allowed. A-arms and A-arm mounts MUST REMAIN UNALTERED!
5. Front “bulkhead” must be stock or RPM only. No aluminum bulkheads. Must not be altered in any way.
6. No removing or replacing of any components unless otherwise specified.
7. All suspension components must be installed in the proper positions and orientation on the car from the factory. (EXAMPLE: Left caster block on the left, right block on the right, suspension arms right side up, etc.).
8. Locking the differential will not be allowed. Both wheels must spin in opposite directions
9. May use any combination of stock grey or black wheel hexes that come with the kit. No aftermarket wheel hexes will be allowed. No double stacking or gluing wheel hexes together must have one hex per corner of the car.
10. No metal bumpers, nerf bars or cages allowed.
11. Cage allowed on body – NO SHARP EDGES
12. No sway bars allowed
13. Front shock tower brace allowed
14. Battery must be mounted in the stock center tray location, but can be moved forward or back as long as it stays within the stock boundaries of the battery tray. You may use a different battery strap other than the stock strap however the battery must be properly secured.
15. Car must not dig into the track. Any car that is digging into the track repeatedly must be pulled off and fixed before it is allowed to re-enter.
16. Adding weight to the car is OK but must be securely fastened.
17. No weight allowed on the a-arms or nerf bars. All weight must be inside the chassis.
Motor, ESC & Battery:
1. Must use a blue unaltered STOCK XL-5 ESC & unaltered Titan 12t 550 ONLY
2. Tuning, tweaking, or modifying the stock Titan motor in any way will not be allowed. (Breaking in the motor is allowed.)
UPDATE ** New Titan motors are coming from the factory without the torq ring. Because of this the torq ring will no longer be required. During this transition period you may remove the ring from one of the motors that came with a torq ring from the factory but the motor must otherwise be a stock unaltered Titan 12t 550.
3. The stock (bullet) connectors from the motor to the ESC must also be used. Soldering the connectors together is not allowed.
4. No limit on gearing, however the Traxxas spur gears (#4676, #4683, #4686 & #4690) must be used.
5. Any 2-cell Li-Po (Li-Po must be charged max 8.44v) or Traxxas brand 7-cell Ni-Mh stick pack battery.
6. Any plug may be used for the batter to ESC connection. However, direct soldering to the battery will not be allowed.
7. Additional Glitch busters and Capacitors are not allowed anywhere in the system.
8. Servo and servo saver/ servo horn will not be a tech item.
Tires, Wheels & Inserts:
1. Any slick tire.
2. No 3.0 x 2.2 SCT tires and wheels (This rule is to keep the scale appearance of the class.)
3. May use any offset of rim on any corner of the car.
Shocks & Springs:
1. Any Traxxas white progressive tuning spring will be allowed. This includes the different colored striped springs that are available from Traxxas. Springs may not be cut or altered from factory in any way.
2. Must run front springs on the front and rear springs on the rear only. One spring per shock.
3. Aluminum shock caps, hardened shock shafts, RPM spring cups and mud guards are all allowed.
4. The shock oil or shock travel/length will not be mandated. Internal limiters allowed, no external limiters.
5. Shock pistons will not be a tech item.
1. Standard Mcallister Bodies are allowed
2. Must use a Sprint Car body that has been approved by the track. Custom bodies must be scale in appearance, no unrealistically low bodies and no extra aero devices can be added. Please check with the track for approval.
1. Any 2WD 10th scale vehicle.
2. 2s Lipo or 7 cell NiMh battery.
3. Any electronics.
4. Any non-aggressive tires (no large lugs).
13.5 Late Model
Follow the link to the Late Model rules:
It is legal to change the esc/battery connectors.
4. The shocks must be left as they come from the kit (30 weight associated oil).
5. Ride height: The car can sit no lower the the spool of tape on the tech table.
** This is meant to be a fun class with the goal of allowing a driver to go from the hobby shop to the track with their SR10 and be race ready in minutes.
2WD Stock Short Course
1. Truck must be a 2WD Built RTR/ Kit stock Short Course Truck.
2. Battery - Any 2 cell Lipo 65c max or 6-7 cell NiMH allowed.
3. Motor -Traxxas Titan 12T motor, Hobbywing 13.5 Locked timing, or ROAR 17.5
4. Electronics - Traxxas XL-5 ESC, or Hobbywing Justock, only but can be any servo/radio/reciever combo.
5. Shocks - Must be stock shocks and springs (You may use any weight shock oil and aluminum caps).
6. Gearing - Any 48 pitch spur and pinion combination.
7. Body - Any short course body that covers all 4 wheels when looking down on the truck.
8. Must use only OEM parts.
9. Tires - Must be box stock/ kit type tires and wheels. No large lugs, 4 x 4, mud, or monster truck tires
10. Ride Height rule - Truck Shall Be no lower than 23 mm.
11. Anything not listed above is not legal in this class!
Super Stock Slash
1. 12T Titan motor 3785 Traxxas w/XL-5 esc
2. Hobbywing Justock 13.5 fixed timing motor/esc combo
Battery / Electronics
1. 2s Lipo or 8.4v NiMh
2. Any steering servo
1. Speedhawk 2.8 tires wheels - part# DYNW0020 / DTXC2900 or Duratrax Bandito DTXC3544 / DTXC3542
1. Any body that covers front rear and tires
2. No wedge bodies. No late model bodies
Chassis / Parts
1. Traxxas LCG chassis (unaltered). You can not cut the chassis to save weight
2. Only Slash RPM or stock front bumper
3. Stock transmission case or RPM case with Traxxas parts inside
4. Aluminum hubs, casters and shock caps are legal. No other aluminum parts
5. Stock Traxxas shocks with aluminum caps. Limiters are ok
6. RPM A arms are legal
7. Must run 48 pitch gears
Any other modification will be considered illegal
2WD Short Course
Super Stock Slash
13.5 Pro Spec
13.5 Late Model
USAC Sprint Car
Mini-T Late Model
6 Second Breakout
Rubber Tire Truck
Rubber Tire Car
Any Class with 3 Entries
These rules are established to keep the class as close as possible to stock while maintaining affordability.